How Is Functional Medicine Different?
It’s a natural approach to getting well and staying well, by looking at whole-body systems to find the underlying cause of ill-health. Genetic testing, muscle testing and lab work, including blood, stool, urine and saliva tests are used in diagnosing. Dr. Carrick’s goal is to help patients reach an optimal level of energy, mental clarity and immune-system strength. She uses strategic nutritional supplements and probiotics (good bacteria) to give the body what it needs to heal itself.
Quintessential Applications of Applied Kiniseology (muscle testing): prioritizes what should be done with a patient first, next and last. Providing neurological information from the excitation and inhibition of neural pathways, QA helps to narrow areas of dysfunction and to avoid too-general lab tests.
Menlascan: uses biosensor and LED tech to reveal problems before they develop into pathology. A helpful predictor of future heart, circulatory and lymphatic difficulty, the menlascan reveals reduced blood flow to the brain and other organs and the amount of extracellular water present.
In-Depth Lab Testing Available
- Organic Acids Test: reveals yeast, bacterial overgrowth; high oxalate levels; mold exposure; poor mitochondrial function
- GI Stool Test: looks at overall gut health, such as digestive enzymes, immune response, inflammation, hyper-permeability, bacterial imbalance and parasites
- Comprehensive Food Allergy & Sensitivity Testing: a more in-depth test than many allergists use; measures both IgA and IgG immune reactions to either 90 or 150 different foods
- Comprehensive Female Hormone Testing: helpful for anyone who is menopausal or suspects she is in peri-menopause; for those with difficult or irregular menstrual cycles; and for women whose symptoms may point to a hormonal imbalance
- Array 11: shows if environmental chemicals are affecting immune system
- Urine Test for Environmental Toxins: shows what toxins are worse for you
- Immune System Pathogen-Related Test: shows what molds, viruses are affecting you
- Immune System Latent -Antigen Test: reveals if personal-care products (shampoo, etc.) and environmental chemicals are making you sick
- Multiple Autoimmune Reactivity Screen: measures predictive antibodies for autoimmune conditions
- Genetic Testing: reveals genetic variants, such as those that affect homocysteine metabolism. Homocysteine can predict the length of your life. Dr. Carrick has been trained to interpret nutritional needs based on a patient’s genetic variants. For more information, see